Sunday, January 5, 2014

Re-Discovering the Hermetic Principles

Some eight years ago, I chanced upon a book written by Christopher Penczak titled "The Inner Temple of Witchcraft". At that time, I had been on a trip with my Syster Wyrd to Salem; the purpose being to discover what had been tempting us for some time. I picked up this book in a shop during one of our last days in Salem and to this day, it remains one of my favourites.
Once home, I began studying it in depth and attempting to open my mind to all manner of things it was suggesting. Being so early in my journey of acquiring "occult" knowledge, I found it hard to grasp certain concepts. But now, some years later and with over a hundred kindred books laid to rest, I find myself drawn back to Christopher's book, specifically to its descriptions of the Hermetic Principles, and to the writings of Hermes Trismegistus in "The Kybalion".
2014 seems a good year and milestone in my search of knowledge to review both works. My hope is to receive and share understanding. I will not promise to anyone dedication to writing in this blog, as let's face it, I am a procrastinator, but I will attempt to as a discipline.
All the best to those out there who trip across my little spot on the vast web and look forward to any and all comments along the way.

Syster Wyrd, Lorie

No comments:

Post a Comment